We are really excited to host a Hamilton North School specialist unit at Te Ao Mārama.
This is a Special Learning Centre within our school, catering for students with high needs. They will have a stand alone unit that comprises two classrooms, a quiet work space, large break out area, attached outdoor area with appropriate equipment to support foundation skill development, kitchen, laundry and a full care bathroom.
For more information - http://www.hamnorth.school.nz
· Individualised Education Programmes.
· Home, school liaison and support.
· The National Curriculum adapted to meet individual needs.
· Inclusion in the mainstream.
· Low student/staff ratio.
· Individualised swimming programmes.
· Horse riding.
· Access and support of Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Language Therapist, Orientation and Mobility Therapist and Psychologist as needed.
· Art & Music specialist programmes.
· Multicultural environment.
· A Junior and Senior class unit
· Community contact.
· Life skills.
· Behaviour Management.
· Transport from and to home.
· A warm and welcoming atmosphere